Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Language-cop Citations

How did Reruns become "Encore Presentations," suggesting they're back by popular demand?

The male model was asked if he ever got embarrassed by all the attention from the Opposite Sex. He related an incident when he was lying "buck naked" on a beach and found himself surrounded by gawking women: "So sometimes it does get hard." (And difficult, too, I'll bet!)

My friend found it interesting that I was preserving my thoughts "for prosperity." That would be interesting--and more lucrative than writing for posterity!

Enquiring minds want to know: Is the Christian Children's Fund a fund for Christian children or a Christian fund for children?

Accepting his Emmy, actor Hector Elizondo enthused, "Thank you, I'm bereft!" (Why, Hector, had your show been canceled?)

No comments: